Blue Ridge PRSA Summits awarded at gala Nov. 4
Access Advertising & Public Relations received eight Summit Awards at the 10th Annual Blue Ridge Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) Summit Awards Gala, held Friday Nov. 4 at the Hotel Roanoke.
The Summit Awards recognize the best in public relations and communications efforts by professional public relations practitioners in Southwest Virginia. The entries, judged by the Central Michigan PRSA Chapter, were evaluated in four areas: Research, Planning, Execution and Evaluation.
Access received four Gold and four Silver awards in the following categories on behalf of its clients:
- Annual Report, Average Budget: Silver – Marshall University Annual Report
- Issues and Crisis Management, Modest Budget: Silver – DePaul Community Resources/YWCA
- Internal Communications, Average Budget: Gold – TMEIC Corporation (with TMEIC)
- Media Relations, Average Budget: Gold – Salem Red Sox 2011 Season (with the Salem Red Sox)
- Public Relations Campaign, Average Budget: Gold – American General Life & Accident Insurance Company (AGLA) Hiring Drive
- Public Relations Campaign, Modest Budget: Silver – Roanoke College Children’s Choir Auditions
- Special Events, Modest Budget: Silver – The Chef’s Table (with the YMCA of Roanoke Valley)
- Website Development, Average Budget: Gold – www.VA811.com
PRSA is the world’s largest association of public relations professionals. The society’s members represent business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional service firms and nonprofit organizations.